Saturday 5 October 2013

Garnet Scatterings






Continuing with my theme of general ignorance to do with all botanical matters, I again have no idea what this beautiful tree is. It loses its leaves in winter, and the initial leaf growth in spring is lusciously garnet in colour.

I think the leaves do change to green somewhere into the summer before colouring again in autumn, but they add a lovely autumn-y burst of colour to spring gardens!

 If pomegrenade fruit were palm-sized and grew individually from trees, the effect would have to look something like this!

The more I look at the photos, the more I feel that 'garnet' doesn't quite capture the colour of the leaves - rich reds with highlights of golden-orange. If there is a single word (besides 'autumn-y'!) that does capture this colour, let me know!


ReeDaBee

No comments:

Post a Comment