Sunday 6 October 2013

White Petals with a Blush

October theme




These are some of the prettiest flowers I've ever seen in spring-time.

I spent a lot of time taking in and photographing these flowers, mostly with awe.

I think they might belong to the Rhododendron family - simply because the flowers have a passing resemblance to Rhodos. Even though I'm aware the leaves look nothing like Rhodo leaves.

This was an amazing little tree. It had only its unprepossessing little leaves when I first met it. It had pride of place as an arching tree at the start of a pathway, and I did vaguely wonder why it - of all plants - had been planted where it was. I was surprised when its leaves coloured in autumn, and then dropped meekly to the ground.

Come spring, all was revealed with metaphorical sweeping violins, soaring french horns and triumphant trumpets.

It just exploded these beautiful flowers. I was never able to look at the start of that pathway without awe.

Just spectacular.


ReeDaBee


No comments:

Post a Comment