Tuesday 1 October 2013

Starting with Spring

Welcome to Montage: A Month in a Minute.

The idea for this blog is pretty simple: one theme per month, explored mainly through photos.

That's it. Nice and simple. A nice, easy entry into Blogging-dom.

Unless you're the type who likes to over-think things.

Which I am. 

So I did.

And then I came up with a few rules that I want to stick to:

  1. I can't use the exact same subject two days in a row. (By 'same subject', I mean the same object, person or thing. I could, for example, use two photos of two books two days in a row, just so long as it's not the same book, you see?)
  2. I've got a list of themes that I'll be choosing from at random. No, I'm not revealing my list ahead of time. But I will say that I've got the 4 seasons included; they're obviously less random and more time-specific than the other themes, and I'm starting with Spring.
  3. I'm aiming for one post per day.
  4. I can't change theme mid-month.
  5. I'll be using all my own images, OR I'll be giving full credit as needed.
  6. Creative interpretations of the theme are completely acceptable.
  7. The photos don't have to be freshly taken on the day of posting; they can be from my 'here's one I prepared earlier' basket.
  8. I'm ok with a bit of Photoshopping.
Hmmm, I don't think I've ever seen a list of rules with more 'Get out of jail free' options. 

Oh well! C'est la vie, innit? I was also aiming for 'simple', after all.

So here we go: starting with the theme of Spring - what we're in, here in the southern hemisphere. Warm breezes, the shift out of winter that you can breathe, seeing the sun set a little bit later each day, vivid, zesty-green and ruby buds, cascades of flowers and more flowers. And this year, for the first time in several years, the  enthusiastically orchestral chirpings of cicadas.


Hello Spring. You're so welcome, every year.


ReeDaBee

No comments:

Post a Comment